Thursday, February 3, 2011

Zambulance Project

I now know what my main projects are going to be for the next few weeks.  The primary thing I am working on is helping do a Zambulance survey.  A zambulance is an ambulance bicycle attachment that Zambikes makes.  Since there are many rural areas that are impossible for an ambulance (or any vehicle) to reach, a zambulance allows for transport to a hospital or medical clinic for those who cannot walk there.  For example,  if a woman in a village goes into labor and cannot walk the 10 miles or so to a medical station, she can get a ride in a zambulance.  This is a fairly common occurrence.  I will be doing some research to find out more details about how the zambulances that have already been distributed are being used and the impact they have had.  In addition to this project, I have volunteered my limited knowledge of serving in restaurants to help organize and train the servers at La Revolucion in exchange for free meals.  I will do my best to keep you all updated on these projects, especially the zambulance project.

1 comment:

  1. From bottom of the restaurant industry to the top over night. I love it.
    -Jared

    ReplyDelete