Thursday, February 10, 2011

Danny Boy

This is Friday, Danny is busy working behind him.
So the other day I was talking with a Zambikes employee named Danny.  Danny, like all the workers I have met at Zambikes, has a great smile and a joyful heart.  I asked him how long he had been working for Zambikes.  He said that it has been almost 4 years.  As we continued to talk Danny told me that he had lost his parents years ago.  He said, “Since then Zambikes gave me a job and has been to me like my parents.”  Danny excitedly continued to tell me how Zambikes has blessed him and how he tries to work his best to show his thankfulness.  Because he has a job at Zambikes, he said that he can help pay for some of his younger siblings’ school fees.  It is encouraging to hear how much Zambikes means to those it employs and their families.  The employees all seem to have such great stories of how Zambikes has literally changed their lives.  This is why I wanted to come out here... to help an organization that is working to help better lives.  I certainly consider myself privileged to contribute to what is going on in some small way.  My constant prayer has been, “Lord bless me that I might be a blessing.”  I hope when I leave in 5 months I can leave something of worth behind.


In other news...
Vaughn shot a black mamba out of a tree.


1 comment:

  1. Alright...I lied...your not a bad blogger...when are you going to shoot a black mamba out of a tree?

    ReplyDelete