Thursday, March 3, 2011

Project Updates

So I figure that I am overdue in updating you all on the projects on which I am working.  So here it goes:

Zambulance Project-
I have been working with an American named Joe on the Zambulance project.  Joe came to Zambia with Peace Corp and since finishing his term he has been doing some volunteer work with Zambikes.  We have contacted several organizations that distributed a large number of zambulances and have made plans to visit several of the sites in the Eastern, Southern, and Northern Provinces.  We budgeted out the cost of visiting each province and determined that it would be easy and cost effective for Joe to visit several sites in Northern Province (due to his Peace Corp connections there).  So Joe headed out last Friday and is currently conducting surveys there.  Meanwhile, we are determining the best way to contact the other provinces so that we can conduct those surveys as inexpensively as possible.

Website project-
This project is a more recent development. I have been taking some photos for Zambikes to update their website, and it fell into my hands to learn how to upload them.  I figured it out relatively quick, so Vaughn and Dustin asked me to work on updating and changing a couple other things on the Zambikes website.  So I have been teaching myself how to edit and write code for websites.  It has been a fun task and given me plenty to do to stay busy.

Restaurant project-
My involvement at Revolucion, the Mexican restaurant, has decreased over the last few weeks because they hired a new general manager named Melissa.  Melissa was a general manager in the states but had been wanting to come work in Africa because her parents are missionaries here.  She has been busy trying to nail down new policies and solve all the random problems that can occur with a Zambian restaurant (ie- “The food delivery guy didn’t show up today, we are out of ice, the power has been out all day, and the generator is almost out of petrol”... that all happened Friday).  I am still doing some work to help train the servers from time to time and helping with some marketing projects (facebook page, flyers, posters, menu inserts, etc).  But I have been spending more time working with Zambikes as of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment