Sunday, January 9, 2011


Hey everyone!  I am sure that if you are reading this you probably already know that my name is Andrew Zarda, and I am going to be in Zambia from Jan 26th - July 15th serving with a non-profit organization called Akerfa.  However, you may not know what exactly Akerfa does, in which case I encourage you to take a few minutes to check out their website and/or watch this sweet video.  My cousin, Dustin McBride, and his friend, Vaughn Spethmann, started this company in 2007, and I have been eagerly waiting for the opportunity to join them in Zambia for a season.  I am not normally one to blog, but I had several people ask me to do so.  And since I have no facebook (yes, I am one of the 83 people that don't), I thought this would be a good way to inform friends and family of notable happenings while I am away.  Time will tell if I have what it takes to blog... 
(Also... if you would like to support Akerfa and its continued efforts to change lives, you can make a donation by clicking here.)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I am the only one to comment on your first post...and its been up for like weeks. Your a lame blogger dude. -Jared Stafos-

    ReplyDelete